Pioneer Construction ensures practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health and safety of its employees, customers, contractors and those who reside in proximity to its operations. Every worker has the right to work in a safe and healthy workplace, and Pioneer is strongly committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury in the workplace.
Pioneer goes beyond complying with relevant legislation to support initiatives that protect the health, safety and environment of those affected by its activity.
Pioneer recognizes the importance of the active involvement and commitment of senior management, together with the respective safety committees and the responsibility of each and every employee. Managers, supervisors and employees at all levels are held accountable for their performance with respect to health, safety and environmental standards. Pioneer Construction believes all accidents are preventable.
All management functions, including business, line and associated management, will comply with Pioneer safety requirements as they apply to the design, operation and maintenance of facilities and equipment. All employees will perform their jobs properly in accordance with the company’s established procedures and operating philosophy.
- H.T. Routly Memorial Safety Award
- 2015 Routly Safety Award Category II – member company that has worked the greatest number of consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury, more than 100,000 average annual employee hours.
- 2014 Routly Safety Award Category II – member company that has worked the greatest number of consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury, more than 100,000 average annual employee hours.
- 2014 Milestone Award, One Million – member company reaching five hundred thousand and one million consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury – Pioneer Construction had 1,999,484 employee hours
- 2007 Milestone Award – member company reaching 500,000 consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury to December 31, 2005) – Pioneer Construction had 586,888 employee hours